Who is God?
What is God like?
Can I know God?
Does God love me?
Does my life have any meaning or purpose?
Is there life after death?
What can I do about the quilt and shame that I feel?
These are just a few of the questions that many people have about life? At New City Church, we believe that the answer to all of life’s questions begin God. Your life matters and is important to God therefore your life is important to us. Below you find a brief outline of the essential truths of the Christian faith. These truths are just the beginning of your journey. If you want to speak to someone or have additional questions contact Pastor TJ (click here).
1. It all begins and ends with the One True God (Genesis 1-2). God is the eternal creator, savior, and sustainer of all things. He created humanity in His image to demonstrate and proclaim His goodness. YOU were created with for several purposes: to know God, to love God, and to serve God.
2. Something is wrong. When sin entered the world (Genesis 3) the perfect fellowship and communion between God and humanity was broken. Since that day, humanity has been subjected to suffering, humiliation, pain, sorrow, and death. No one is immune from the effects of this fallen world.
3. We need hope. Immediately after the perfect fellowship between God and humanity was broken, God made a promise (Genesis 3:15). He told the first couple that He would one day provide a savior. From that moment, God expected humanity to trust that He would keep his promise to conqueror both death and the evil one. The story of the Old Testament (Genesis – Malachi) is the unfolding of God’s promise to provide a savior for humanity. (Genesis 3:15; 12:1-3; 49:10; Exodus 12:1-13; 2nd Samuel 7:11-17; Psalm 22; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6-7; 53:1-12; Jeremiah 31:31-34; Daniel 9:24-27; Joel 2:28-32; Micah 5:2; Zechariah 9:9; Malachi 4:1-6)
4. Jesus is the answer. Jesus was the fulfillment of God’s promise to save humanity. Jesus not a man who became a god. The One eternal and almighty God who exists in Three persons (not three gods) became a man (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-3, 14; Philippians 2:5-10; Colossians 1:15-20; Hebrews 1:1-3). Jesus Christ lived a sinless life in order that he might offer his perfect life as a substitute for us (2nd Corinthians 5:21). Jesus willing gave his life on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and to offer his life as a substitute for us.
5. It is time for a new start. Give your life fully and completely to God through Jesus Christ. You do this by turning from your sin and trusting by faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Romans 10:9-13).
Below you find links to some great websites that will help you answer questions about Christianity.
Question: Is Jesus the only way? Check out this article by Josh McDowell http://www.josh.org/resources/study-research/answers-to-skeptics-questions/why-is-jesus-the-only-way-to-god/